How To Leverage Your Virtual Event Data
When you host an in-person event, you have registration information, but that’s about it. You often have little data other than your registration numbers and the sales made at the event. Your new customer contact information is held in a pile of business cards that you’ll need to sort through and scan before you can follow up with everyone.
Virtual events are different.
Virtual events provide event owners with rich data insights that they can leverage to:
- Follow-up with leads right away
- Measure KPIs
- Improve their event strategy and planning for future events
- Gain insights into what content their audience responded best to
- Provide meaningful data to prove ROI to present and future sponsors in order to boost sponsorship revenue
- And more!
These are all great outcomes, right? But how do we actually get there? Well, the detailed data reporting provided during and after a virtual event allows event owners and sponsors to gain detailed insights into all types of attendee activities and interactions. Let’s dive into exactly what data is measured and how you can use each figure to improve your event strategy.
Event Owner Virtual Event Data Reporting
Every virtual event platform offers their own data reporting options. Here are some of the most common categories of virtual event data that event owners can make use of.
It’s important to keep track of your registration number and who is registering. This helps you better plan for event day and track whether your pre-event marketing is reaching the right people. It’s also helpful to know who will be attending so that speakers and organizers can tailor the content to the expected crowd.
On Social27 Virtual Event Platform, event owners have access to a wealth of registration data including:
- Registration Trends: Trend of users who have registered for the event over time. This can provide insight into how effective your event marketing is.
- Registrants: See who has registered for your event including their region, job titles, and companies. This is great to keep an eye on leading up to your event as it will give you insight on the interests of your attendees, their time zones, and whether your event marketing is reaching your intended audience.
Top Performing Content
Find out what your attendees were the most interested in. Each audience is a little bit different, so it can be helpful to understand whether your customer base is more responsive to live sessions , on-demand content, chats, virtual video meetings, or other event content. Once you’re armed with this data, you can adjust your content delivery strategy to give your attendees what they really want.
On Social27 Virtual Event, event owners can see the:
- Most attended session
- Most viewed speaker
- Most viewed virtual booth
- Most connected user
- Most active speaker
Knowing what speakers the audience responded to is also incredibly helpful. This can help you know which speakers to invite back for your next event. You can also review the top speaker’s sessions to see what they did differently that the audience may have responded so strongly to, in order to provide tips for other speakers.
Event Attendees By Hour
On Social27 Virtual Event Platform, you can see how many attendees were active on the event site each hour. This is helpful when planning future events, as you’ll get an idea of when your audience is available. You may find that your attendees prefer morning or late afternoon sessions. It’s a good idea to try to schedule your live sessions during peak attendance times.
Networking Feature Usage
Networking is a large concern at virtual events. Attendees come to virtual events for the sessions and networking, but there is still a false belief that virtual events do not produce meaningful connections.
Track how your attendees interacted and what networking features or opportunities were most popular to ensure that you are providing adequate networking opportunities.
On Social27 Virtual Event Platform, event owners can use the following data points to evaluate the success of virtual event networking:
- The number of video meetings held. This is broken down between small group calls (Roundtables) and larger calls (Boardrooms).
- The total number of connections made at the event.
- The number of chat messages sent.
- The average time spent in happy hour chats
- The number of micro-videos created by attendees
- And more!
Sponsor Virtual Event Data Reporting
Sponsors invest a lot of money into events, and they want to ensure that they get a decent return on investment. That’s why providing clear post-event data to your sponsors is incredibly important.
Here are some of the most valuable pieces of virtual event data for sponsors:
Lead Generation Forms
Helping your sponsors capture leads is a great way to show them that sponsoring your event was a good choice.
On Social27 Virtual Event Platform, sponsors can use lead generation forms to collect leads straight from their exhibitor booth Microsites. This form data can be accessed throughout the event in real-time and after the event in the Sponsor Workspace. This streamlines the follow-up process for sponsors.
Sponsored Content Interactions
Sponsors also want to know how their content is being received by attendees.
On Social27 Virtual Event Platform, sponsors can see:
- The total visits to their booth
- The number of views on their Playlist content
- The average time spent at their booth
- The number of downloads on their downloadable resources
- Who downloaded resources from their booth
- A log of connections made by booth staff
- And more!
This data helps sponsors know who to follow up with, adjust their content strategy, and measure the performance of their staff members that acted as booth attendants.
Get Detailed Event Insights with Social27 Virtual Event Platform
Not only does Social27 Virtual Event Platform offer a feature-rich platform to meet all of your virtual event needs, we also provide detailed insights in real-time throughout the report.
Make use of our vast networking, content, and sponsor features while accessing all the data that you need to understand how attendees are interacting with your event. Set up a demo today to learn more about the available data reports and how to leverage our platform’s functionality for your upcoming events.
Leave a Reply